Intense Family Support
Intense Family Support (IFS) Project provides a service for Aboriginal families/individuals with children between the ages of 0—15 years in the Raymond Terrace Community Services boundaries. Referrals for IFS are only received from Family & Community services
The Intense Family support Project provides a 12 week intense support program that is provided in the home up to 15 hours per week, with an additional 40 weeks of less intense support that includes;
- Intense support that provides information and advice, advocacy, referrals to relevant
- Services and skills development.
- Structured program providing practical and skills supports though case planning
- Structure parenting programs including child behavioural issues
- Assess the strengths, risks and needs of the children and family
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of services being delivered
- On call assistance for emergency circumstances
IFS aims to reduce the risk for children entering Out of Home care system. Strengthening the family by increasing parenting capacity, family function and improving the child’s wellbeing all support Aboriginal children to stay at home in a safe and caring environment.
The IFS project is funded through Family and Community Services